Yes, I am about to embark on a real-life case study (challenge) for you. What I am trying to say in essence is that I am setting a challenge for myself to start a business from scratch on a limited budget; and I will also document this challenge on this blog and also on our FaceBook Fan Page. Do you want to learn more about this challenge? Then read on.
Over the years, I have shared with you in-depth information on how to start a business from scratch. I have deeply covered the subject of raising capital, developing small business ideas, writing a business plan, starting a business, running a business, etc. Despite the amount of information I have shared on this business blog, it still seems I will never be able to answer all your questions satisfactorily. So instead of continuing than write theories on how to start a business from scratch, I want to go practical.
I have met a lot of budding entrepreneurs with great business ideas; but they don’t seem to be making head way. They can’t gather themselves to start up a business due to different circumstances; of which some are beyond their control. I am writing this article to help these set of entrepreneurs exploit the potentials of their ideas. Are you an aspiring entrepreneur? Do you have a good business idea but you don’t know what to do about it or how to go about building a business around it? Then just read on.
What’s the “How to Start a Business from Scratch” case study all about?
Well, just like the headline above; I want to do carry out a case study of the process involved with starting a business. But in this case study, I won’t be profiling any successful entrepreneur. I won’t be writing about how to build a successful business. Rather, I want to practically show you how to start a business from scratch; using myself as a case study. Now the sweet thing about this case study is that it’s going to be real-life and it’s also a challenge.
How to Start a Business from Scratch: the Case Study and Challenge Begins
Without wasting your time, let me go into the details of the case study. Now for those landing on this blog for the first time, I am Ajaero Tony Martins; an entrepreneur and investor. Today, been Saturday, 21th of April 2012; I am engaging myself in a challenge to start up a business from scratch and driving it to profitability within a stipulated time frame. And I intend to document every step by step process I took to pursue this goal; that’s why I called it a case study. Below are the details of this case study.
An in-depth detail of the challenge on how to start a business from scratch
Now every project, case study or challenge has a name; so I decided to codename this challenge “Project BareFoot.” This project commences today, 21th April 2012 and will last approximately nine months; all thing been equal. Now the main points I want to emphasize are these:
- Project BareFoot will last approximately nine months. What this means in essence is that by 31st of January 2013; Project BareFoot should be a full scale business in operation.
- I am commencing this project from scratch. As at this moment, Project BareFoot is just a codename. I have no business idea in mind whatsoever and I have no capital laid down for this project. My aim is to launch a business from scratch before the 31st of January 2013. I will have to develop a business idea during this period, raise the needed capital, find an entirely new business team (I won’t request the assistance of my existing business team), hire new employees and launch the business; all from the scratch.
- I will document every process I take, every dime I raise and spend, the challenges encountered and I will publish them here on this blog and on our FaceBook Fan Page.
- Lastly, I think my head is filled up now. But as time goes on, I will add other details as I proceed.
At this juncture, I hereby declare the “Project BareFoot” Challenge opened (least I forget, it is 3:15pm GMT+1 now). Please I will advice you bookmark this page because this is where I intend to document this case study weekly. You can also subscribe to our newsletter so that you can be updated about the challenge via email. You can also follow the “Project BareFoot” Challenge on our FaceBook Fan Page and if you know anyone or person that’s has a good business idea or shows the potential of been an entrepreneur; please kindly share this page with him/her. You will be doing us, that person and yourself a favor. Thanks.
The Project BareFoot Challenge/ Case study Begins:
- Why I want to start a new business from scratch
- My List of Best Entrepreneur Ideas
- How Found My Best Business Opportunity
Ajaero Tony Martins