Are you a retiree or you are about to retire? Are you in search for the best small business opportunities in 2013 to invest your retirement funds or savings into? Do you want to start a business in retirement? Then read on as I share with you 21 best profitable small business startup ideas for retirees.
In this article, I will be highlighting the best businesses any retiree can invest in and generate income that will sustain him/her through retirement. Before I proceed, I want to state clearly that the small business ideas listed here are strictly tailored to the needs of retirees. I prepared this business opportunity list bearing in mind the age factor of retirees, their income level and their level of willingness to learn something new.
While this list analyzes small business opportunities available for retirees, it’s advisable that you conduct your own feasibility study and write a business plan before investing your money into any business venture.
So if you are a retiree looking for business ideas or opportunities to invest in. If building a business in retirement is a way to go for you, then below are 21 best profitable small business startup ideas for retirees.
21 Best Profitable Small Business Startup Ideas for Retirees in 2013
1. Start a consultancy business based on your expertise
Now I don’t care the job position you held before retirement, all I care about is that you can start a consultancy business around any career field or profession. For instance, if you retired as an accountant; you can become a chartered private auditor or become a financial adviser. If you were a marketer, you can become a marketing consultant. In fact, the business consultancy ideas are limitless. Just analyze your present skills and you can build a thriving consultancy business around it.
2. Start a professional public speaking service business
If business consultancy is not the way to go for you, then you can sell your expertise or knowledge on platforms. You can become a professional speaker; leveraging your job experience and acquired skills. Your subject line is limitless, all you need is to identify a need and add a little touch of creativity.
3. Start a blog based on your expertise
Take the approach of starting a consultancy business and bring it online; voila! You’ve just started a blog. Starting a blog costs little or next to nothing but the potentials is great.
4. Start a network marketing business
Most people stay away from network marketing business because of the stress involved but I don’t think there’s anything like a stress-free business. If you have the nerve and persistence, then network marketing business may be the way to go for you.
Some other profitable small business startup ideas for retirees
5. Start an online training class based on your experience
6. Start a home based tutoring service business
7. Start an information research business
8. Start a lawn care business
9. Start a mini day care centre
10. Start a baby sitting service business
11. Start a pet sitting business
12. Start a mail order business
13. Start a crafts exporting business
14. Start a poultry business
15. Start a catfish rearing business
16. Start a freelance writing business
17. Start a magazine or newsletter publishing business
18. Start an event planning business
19. Start a janitorial service business (office cleaning)