What is the best business to start in 2013? What is the best small business ideas to start from home with little money? Which business opportunity has the potential for rapid growth? Do you have the capital and passion to start a business but you can’t seem to decide what business to start? If any of these questions best describe your thoughts, then please read on.
Most aspiring entrepreneurs are usually confused when it comes to starting a business because they can’t figure out the best business to start. Just recently, I got an email from a reader on this business blog and this was the reader’s message.
“Respected Sir, how are you? This is (name withheld) from London, United Kingdom. Now I am doing MBA and ACA as well. Sir, I am very interested in business but I am very confused about field. Which field is more suitable for business, for growth? Would you like to suggest me something? Thanking you.”
I receive such emails on a daily basis so I decided to do a piece in reply to this email. Now what is the best business to start? Well, you are going to find out soon. In this article, I am going to explain in detail the best business to start and how to find such business opportunities. If you are an aspiring entrepreneur or an employee with a strong desire to start a business? Then please read on because this article is for you.
What is the best business to Start from Home in 2013?
- Checklist for starting a business
- How to create million dollar business ideas
- How to start a new business – it takes more than just an idea
- How to file a patent application for your idea
- How to make millions of dollars fast with your ideas
- How to sell your ideas
Well, before I reveal to you the best business to start this year; I want you to take a careful look at the list below.
1. 1900 – Andrew Carnegie made his money from steel – $475 million
2. 1910 – John D. Rockefeller became a billionaire in oil – $1.4 billion
3. 1920 – Henry Ford became a billionaire in the auto industry – $1 billion
4. 1940 – Howard Hughes became a billionaire with military aircrafts, contract, tools and movies – $1.5billion
5. 1957 – J. Paul Getty became a billionaire in oil – $1 billion
6. 1962 – Henry Ross Perot became a billionaire with EDS – $3.8 billion
7. 1970 – Sam Walton took retailing giant Wal-Mart public and became a billionaire – $22 billion
8. 1980 – Ron Perelman made fortune as a Wall Street deal maker – $3.8 billion
9. 1990 – Jerry Yang founded Yahoo! – $3.7 billion
10. 2008 – Aliko Dangote became the richest black man in the world as a manufacturer – $3.3 billion
11. 2010 – Mark Zuckerberg became a billionaire with FaceBook.com – $6 billion
Some of the successful entrepreneurs mentioned in the list above were school dropout billionaires. Is this list exhausted, my answer is no. Oprah Winfrey became the richest black woman in the world with television show productions. J, K. Rowling joined the billionaires list with her book “Harry Potter Series.”
Debbi Field’s became a multi millionaire selling cookies; and Mary Kay Ash became a billionaire with her company “Mary Kay Cosmetics. Rupert Murdoch and Ted Turner became billionaires by running their own cable network channel company; “Fox Broadcasting Corporation” and “CNN” respectively.
- Green Business ideas
- How to start a janitorial business
- How to start a business cleaning foreclosure properties
- How to start a poultry farm business
- Start a computer consultancy business
- Start a lawn care business.
- 18 profitable businesses you can start from your backyard
- How to start a catering business from home
- How to start a bakery
- 10 Unique service business ideas to start
- 15 Profitable B2B Business service ideas
Now what is the best business to start from home with little money? My answer to the question above is this:
“The best business to start this year that can yield the highest returns on investment is non-existent.”
Are you surprised? Please don’t be. I know you might be expecting me to make a list of businesses ranging from oil and gas to web based businesses. I am sorry to disappoint you because there is no stipulated best business opportunity with respect to the illustrations I cited above.
However, there’s a contradictory twist to my answer. I believe the best business opportunity exists but you have to create it or make it a reality yourself. Now what am I trying to stress? The point I am trying to stress is that becoming a successful entrepreneur does not depend on the business opportunity; it depends on you. So if you are going to successfully go through the entrepreneurial process, you will have to find your own best business opportunity.
- Best Online Business ideas
- Internet based business ideas
- How to start a blog
- How to start an online business
Well, instead of telling you to start an oil and gas supply business or an internet business; I am going to reveal to you five criterion to creating your own best business opportunity. If you are still willing to learn, then below are five questions that will help you decide the best business to start this year.
- Food business ideas
- Retail Business ideas
- How to start a food truck business
- How to start a fast food business
- How to start a coffee business
How to decide what is the Best Business to Start from home in 2013
1. What is your level of preparedness?
The first key to finding the best business to start is you; and the reason is because building a successful business starts with you, the entrepreneur. Are you in the right mindset? Do you have what it takes to build a successful business?
I listed the entrepreneurial mindset here because it the fundamental key to starting, building and growing a business. The state of your mindset will determine how far you will go in the entrepreneurial process of building a business. Choosing the best business to start begins with you answering the following personal questions:
- What is your risk bearing capacity?
- Are you prepared to face business challenges?
- Are you prepared to handle business failures?
- What’s you perception towards making mistakes in business and life?
These are the type of questions you need to ask yourself before even deciding what business to start. These questions will reveal your mental preparedness for the entrepreneurial journey at hand.
- Mobile business ideas
- Recycling Business ideas
- Dog business ideas
- Computer business ideas
- Travel business ideas
- Small Manufacturing business ideas
- 14 Education business ideas and opportunities to start
- Entertainment Business ideas
- Real Estate business ideas
- Web based business ideas
- 5 Start-up I.T business ideas
- 10 Technology business ideas
2. How much Capital do you have?
The start-up capital you have access to, is another factor that will determine the best business for you to start. The best business opportunity for an entrepreneur with access to a $1,000 start-up capital will be quite different from that of an entrepreneur with a million dollars in start-up capital.
The best business to start for an entrepreneur with a $1,000 start-up capital may be an online niche store while the entrepreneur with the million dollar capital will feel that starting a gas distribution business or a manufacturing firm will be the best bet. So take note that your start-up capital is a predominant factor when deciding what business to start.
- Family Business ideas
- Work from home ideas for moms
- Innovative product ideas to sell
- Money making business ideas
- Small scale business ideas for women
- Business ideas for college students
- Business ideas for teenagers
- Business ideas for stay at home moms
- Business ideas for retirees
- Self employment ideas
- Recession proof business ideas
- 10 Best entrepreneurship ideas
- Business ideas for kids
3. Who is on your Team?
The competence of the management team you have on board will determine the kind of business opportunity to pursue. If your business team has a track record of successes; then raising capital to pursue big projects will be a piece of cake. But if you are a solo entrepreneur, then your best business opportunity will be quite different.
4. How Strong is your Business Plan?
If you have the right plan, coupled with the right team and the right mindset; then you can pursue mega projects. But an entrepreneur who lacks the orientation of the use of a business plan will just bootstrapped his or her business on a shoestring budget. The extensiveness of both your personal and business plan will determine the kind of business opportunity you will pursue.
- Best small business opportunities
- How to buy and sell used cars
- Start a consulting business
- How to start a trucking business
- Start a waste management business
- Start a business selling used books
- Start a hair salon business
- Start a courier business
- Start a home decor business
- Start a security blog
5. What Business idea do you have in mind?
Lastly, the best business to start varies from entrepreneur to entrepreneur based on the ideology of the entrepreneur and the prevailing circumstances. Your best business opportunity may differ from mine based on prevailing circumstances such as trend, your passion, hobby, skill, geographical terrain, demographics, psychographics, demand, supply, economic policy, etc.
- What is the best country to start a business
- Small Scale business ideas in India
- How to make money online in Nigeria
- Business ideas in Nigeria
- Investment opportunities in Nigeria
- Business opportunities in Nigeria
- Business ideas for small towns
- Business opportunities in Africa
- Business opportunities in Ghana
- How to import good from China
- Business opportunities in China
The best business to start for someone in Nigeria or China will differ from that of someone in United States, Canada or India. And most importantly, I listed the “business idea” last because it is the least important necessity to starting a business. Remember, the world is filled with brilliant, million dollar ideas but the world lack savvy entrepreneurs.
An average business idea with the right mindset, a strong business management team and the right business plan will outperform an excellent million dollar idea with a poor mindset and a weak management team.
So when deciding what business to start, make sure you do your preliminary feasibility study. Also make sure that the right combinations are in place and when contemplating on the best business to start; be sure to take into consideration the five questions above and I will see you at the top.
- Start an air conditioning repair business
- Start a daycare business
- Start a beekeeping business
- Start a HCG business
- Start a travel agency
- Start a waterproofing business
- Start an escort service
- Start a photography business
- Start a real estate business
- Start a car wash business
- Start a clothing line
- Start a television video production business
- Start an import export business
- Start a freight brokerage business
- Start a dog walking business
- Start a dog breeding business