Are you an entrepreneur or an aspiring entrepreneur? Do you aspire to be like great business leaders such as Ingvar Kamprad, Richard Branson, Sam Walton, Jack Welch, Henry Ford, Andrew Carnegie, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Warren Buffett, Mike Adenuga, Mo Ibrahim and Aliko Dangote?
Do you know have what it takes to forge a team out of your employees? Do you have what it takes to make people work voluntarily for you? Do you have what it takes to inspire your team and employees to greatness? Do you have a strong desire to develop your people skills? Do you know you can develop or improve your people management skills in 21 days or less? If you want to find out how, then read on.
In this article, I am going to reveal 21 smart ways to develop your people management skills in 21 days or less. Call it high speed learning and you won’t be wrong. People management skills and leadership skills go hand in hand; so if you are prepared for this high speed learning, then read on as I share with you 21 smart ways to develop good people skills in 21 days or less.
21 Ways to Develop Good People Management Skills in 21 Days or Less
1. Have a strong desire to develop your people management skills; you must desire to become a leader. If you don’t have a strong desire to develop the necessary people skills, then you will not be motivated to do what it takes to achieve the feat in 21 days.
2. Read books that will help you develop people management skills.
3. Attend a people management or leadership training course or seminar.
4. Listen to audio tapes or CDs on personal development, people skills and leadership skills development.
5. Look for friends with the same goal and orientation; and work together with them towards developing people skills.
6. Sign up for a leadership or people management training course online.
7. Volunteer to handle tasks and lead projects that others avoid.
8. Watch leadership skills development videos prepared by great leaders.
9. Look for a business leader and seek mentorship from him or her. Propose to be his or her protégé in return for working for free.
10. Watch inspiring movies where great leadership spirits and people skills were displayed. Examples of such movies are King Arthur, 300, Troy, Brave Heart, The Unit and Kingdom of heaven.
11. Read biographies and auto biographies of great leaders such as Sun Tzu, Andrew Carnegie, Sam Walton, Madame C. J. Walker and Mary Kay Ash.
21 Ways to Develop Good Leadership Skills in 21 Days or Less
12. Join organizations where leadership and people skills development is top priority. Example of such organization is Toastmaster.
13. Join a network marketing business that trains distributors on how to manage people and become great business leaders.
14. Visit blogs, forums and websites that share leadership or people management skill development tips and spend some time there.
15. Look for a paid leadership coaching service and sign up. This is all about getting a personal leadership coach to guide you along the way.
16. Join business networks and exchange people management skills ideas and techniques with like minded people who are at the helm of affairs of great companies.
17. Attend business conferences or entrepreneurial summit. You may pick leadership inspiration by listening to stories of how successful entrepreneurs handle business challenges and employee’s matters.
18. Read or listen to the speeches of great leaders. You can decode the inspiration tactics of these great business leaders by simply listening to their speeches.
19. When a situation arises that involves leading people on an assignment, project or anything; volunteer to lead.
20. Develop the mindset required for people skills development. Remember, people skills development must begin with a change of mindset or else; you will only be pouring water on a rock. You must develop tolerance and level of understanding when working with people.
21. After reading books, attending seminars or trying out other techniques; you must remember to work on yourself. Learning how to be a good leader without putting what you learned into active practice is simply a waste of time and energy.
Working on yourself entails changing your perception towards criticism and disappointment; working on your appearance and acquiring the necessary people skills needed to become a leader. I am talking about people management skills such as communication skill, delegation skill, negotiation skill and listening skill. In fact, I will recommend you start by studying the traits of successful entrepreneurs and leaders and work on yourself to develop such traits.
As a final note, I want to state that anyone can become a great people manager and leader; all you need is a strong desire and unyielding resolve to achieve your desire. I wish you the best of luck; see you at the top.