Today, I want to share with you some quotes about life and success from Madame C. J. Walker; the first American millionaires who rose from slavery to financial freedom. If you are ready to learn from this self made millionaire, then below are Madame C. J. Walker quotes on life and success.
Madame C. J. Walker Quotes on Life and Success
1. I had to make my own living and my own opportunity. But I made it! Don’t sit down and wait for the opportunities to come. Get up and make them.
2. God answered my prayer, for one night I had a dream, and in that dream a big black man appeared to me and told me what to mix up for my hair. Some of the remedy was grown in Africa, but I sent for it, mixed it, put it on my scalp, and in a few weeks my hair was coming in faster than it had ever fallen out. I tried it on my friends; it helped them. I made up my mind I would begin to sell it.
3. When we began to make $10 a day, my ex-husband thought that was enough, thought I ought to be satisfied. But I was convinced that my hair preparation would fill a long-felt want. And when we found it impossible to agree, due to his narrowness of vision, I embarked on business for myself.
4. I am a woman who came from the cotton fields of the South. From there I was promoted to the washtub. From there I was promoted to the cook kitchen. And from there I promoted myself into the business of manufacturing hair goods and preparations….I have built my own factory on my own ground.
5. I got my start by giving myself a start.
6. I am not satisfied in making money for myself. I endeavor to provide employment for hundreds of the women of my race.
7. There is no royal flower-strewn path to success. And if there is, I have not found it for if I have accomplished anything in life it is because I have been willing to work hard.
8. Perseverance is my motto.
9. I am not ashamed of my past. I am not ashamed of my humble beginning.