Health is an issue most entrepreneurs and CEOs give less priority to; maybe because they are strapped for time or whatsoever. Have you observed that ailments such as diabetes, heart failure, kidney failure, cancer, high blood pressure, cardiac arrest and so on are usually more pronounced on successful entrepreneurs and CEOs? Well, this is a pill to swallow but it’s the truth. I believe that these aliments are a result of leaving the issue of your health unattended to for years.
The issue of the health care of entrepreneurs has been something I wanted to touch for quite sometime now but I never got around it until now. Today, I received the sad news of the death of one of my mentors; “STEVE JOBS,” the legendary revolutionary of the computer and technology industry. He has been battling with cancer of the pancreas for years now and he finally gave up the ghost on the 5th of October 2011 at the age of 56. His death is the source of inspiration for writing this piece; may his soul rest in peace.
Just as I said earlier, health is an issue most entrepreneurs treat with kid gloves. They fail to remember that health is wealth. Without health, your millions and billions will be worthless. To be sincere with you, I am also guilty of this action. It’s my goal to become a billionaire in my lifetime; and in pursuit of wealth, I have given less priority to my health.
Hearing the death of Steve Job has re-awakening the health consciousness in me and I will be sharing with you some simple steps I intend to take to stay in good health; no matter how tight my schedule is. Today, I will be kicking off with the importance of exercises to your health as an entrepreneur and to be sincere with you; I think entrepreneurs and CEOs need exercises the most.
Now why do entrepreneurs and CEOs need exercise the most?
1. Entrepreneurs and CEOs need exercise the most because of the enormous pressure and stress associated with building a business. Entrepreneurs are always on the go; attending to internal business issues, shuttling between business meetings, trying to raise capital and so on.
2. Entrepreneurs are known to have poor eating habit and this, coupled with stress can result in some deadly ailments.
3. Another important reason why entrepreneurs and CEOs need exercise the most is because they sleep less than the average employee. The sleeping time of entrepreneurs tend to reduce with increasing success. I am saying this from personal experience; on several occasions, I have worked straight eighteen hours resolving business problems.
These are a few of the many reasons why entrepreneurs need to exercise regularly. Now what benefit can you derive from exercising your body regularly? Well, you will find the answers you seek below.
The benefits of exercise and how exercise can help you live longer to enjoy your success
1. Now if I tell you that some entrepreneurs don’t sweat year in, year our; you won’t believe it. Well, I know there are entrepreneurs and CEOs that don’t sweat at all. They live in air conditioned houses, drive around in air conditioned cars, do business in air conditioned offices and fly around in air conditioned aircrafts. Common! give yourself a break; such lifestyle will do your health no good. Some daily or weekly exercise is a good way to sweat it out.
2. Since entrepreneurs have poor eating habit, they tend to store up bad cholesterol in their body system and become obese. Exercise is a good way to get rid of such bad cholesterol and excess weight.
3. Now if you don’t know, a cool bath after a rigorous exercise helps ease out the accumulated stress in your body and relaxes your nerves and muscles.
And finally, exercise keeps you young while still boosting the activeness of your brain. So learn to exercise your body regularly and you will live long to enjoy your wealth and success.